Royaly Hitched!

Nicole Cardino, Staff Writer

On May 19th, 2018, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle were married in St. George’s Chapel within the Windsor Castle. Ever since the engagement was announced, people all over the world were excited to see the wedding and all the aspects of it, especially the dress that Ms. Markle would be wearing.

The British take weddings within the Royal Family very seriously and turn them into their own celebrations. Around the Windsor Palace, an abundance of people stayed overnight to try and get a glimpse of the beautiful ceremony that would be taking place the next morning. Some of these lucky people even gained a glimpse of the beautiful dress. This dress was designed by Givenchy’s Clare Waight Keller. It is rumored to have costed an upwards of $200,000; however, this isn’t even the duchess’ full budget for her dress because she had decided to donate most of it to charity. There was even some controversy over her dress about how it was too simple for a royal to wear, but she just wanted to follow the designer’s “timeless and elegant aesthetic, impeccable tailoring and relaxed demeanor.”

Everyone has been excited to see what she wore at the wedding, but they all left Prince Harry out of the equation and forgot about what he wears! He wore the frockcoat uniform of the Blues and Royals during his wedding as the Duke of Sussex.

Two hundred people were invited to accompany the Duke and Duchess of Sussex at their private reception at Frogmore House in Windsor Home Park. The beautiful dresses and suits the guests were wearing were all the rage this week and everyone was talking about them. George Clooney attended the wedding while wearing a stunning grey suit along with a yellow tie to match his wife’s stunning yellow dress. While they decided to go the bright route for their choice of clothing, Victoria and David Beckham attended wearing sleek black outfits to contrast the Duchess of Sussex’s white gown. Others that attended were Serena Williams and her husband, Suits co-stars Sarah Rafferty, Rick Hoffman and Gina Torres and even two of Prince Harry’s ex-girlfriends! Hopefully they weren’t about to pull a Ross and Rachel wedding moment!

Nicole Cardino, Writer

Nicole Cardino is a freshman at the Lindenhurst High School and a new journalist for the Charles Street Times. She loves writing and started writing for...