From Green and White to Red and White: Jeremy Ruckert Chooses Ohio State

John Honahan, Staff Writer

If anything is well known and popular at Lindenhurst High School, it’s the Lindenhurst Varsity Football team. The team has many talented and spectacular athletes on it; however, none compares to the ability and power that is Jeremy Ruckert. This exceptional athlete, who is committed to Ohio State, is a 6 foot tall figure and an outstanding wide receiver that has helped the Lindenhurst Varsity football team remain undefeated. This is his final season with the team after which he will be wearing the red and white of the Ohio Redskins. Jeremy Ruckert has been on the Lindenhurst Varsity football team since his freshman year. He has said that the reason he wanted to play football personality is that, “I love the sport and everything that comes with it.”

He was offered deals to 24 colleges and universities across the nation. Some of these deals included schools such as Penn State, University of Notre Dame, and Alabama University. On July 17th, he announced his comment on a twitter video to Ohio State University. This video featured him racing go karts with him revealing an Ohio state University shirt at the end. When asked why he chose Ohio State over offers from Notre Dame and Michigan, Jeremy stated, “They didn’t care about me as a football player. They cared about me as a person.”

Many people wonder how an ordinary high school tenneager can get to this point. According to Ruckert, it’s “my athleticism and my teammates and my coaches.” Jeremy has also received tremendous support from his friends and family. They come and watch every game that he is in and “never really pushed me to do anything I didn’t want to do” says Jeremy Ruckert. Jeremy is hoping to win the Suffolk county Championships this year and then move on to bigger and better things at Ohio State.