Courtesy of Class of 2021

Nikki Cardino: The DECA President

The Top 20 for Lindenhurst High School is full of some of the brightest, most unique kids in the school. To be named in the Top 20 is a great achievement and one should be very proud of doing so.

Nikki is very involved within the Lindenhurst High School community. Nikki is the president of DECA, the CEO of the Virtual Enterprise company, Eco-Experience, she is involved in Italian club, is in the National Honor Society, and is involved in Class Council. Nikki also works at SoBowl in Lindenhurst. When she was asked what she likes to do in her free time, she seemed very eager to say traveling. She recently went to California with a friend of hers to visit a college. She visited the University of San Diego, where she will be attending for her next four years of education. She is majoring in Sustainable Engineering and wants to work with the environment post graduation.

When she was asked about her senior year she said it was short, unique, chaotic. Her favorite classes throughout her high school career were, AP Biology, and AP World History. She said she struggled with paying attention in the beginning of remote learning, which is something many students struggled with, but she got it together obviously considering how high she was ranked in her class.

Nikki’s most inspirational teacher here at LHS was Mrs. Buechner. She said that Mrs. Buechner disciplined her and helped shape her into the student she is today. She said that what Mrs. Buechner helped with the most was getting research for papers and making herself sound more educated. During quarantine, Nikki said she missed her friends and stated how it was hard to be herself when she couldn’t be surrounded by others. But she followed with that she found out how to be herself without face to face communication. Nikki seemed really excited to be in the Top 20, as she should be considering the honor it holds.

$0
$500