Connor Colford: Megamind

In a year filled with such uncertainty, Connor Colford has still found his way to being the fifth ranked student in the entire class of 2021. Even though he described the year as “tumultuous and different,” Colford still found it quite rewarding to be able to find success during this insane school year. Having known Connor personally for three years, it’s safe to say that he is one of the hardest workers I have ever seen and one of the most all-around intelligent people I’ve ever had the privilege to speak to, and I am sure that his work ethic translates to why he has obtained a top five class ranking. Even he knows how important it is to possess a diligent work ethic, stating that the biggest lesson he learned in high school was the importance of one.

This year more than others, Connor’s work ethic and dedication to academics has especially been exemplified due to the odd circumstances, and with these circumstances came many challenges. Connor usually has an easy time dialing into whatever subject is being taught, but he said this year, his biggest challenge was being able to focus and finding different ways to avoid the distractions that came with remote learning. However, once he found ways to silence the distractions, he was well on his way to his fifth ranking in the class. In a normal year, and this year to a lesser extent, he participates in the Boy Scouts in terms of out-of-school activities. As for in school activities, he is enrolled in the Science Club, National Honor Society, and International Club.

Once this “different” year concludes, Connor will be sent off to the prestigious American University in Washington, D.C., and will be majoring in Political Science. This comes as no surprise, as he confidently stated that his two favorite classes that he has ever taken were AP US History, which he took in his junior year, and AP World History, which was taken in his freshman year. In fact, Connor spoke highly of his AP World History teacher, Mr. DiTomasso, saying that he had left the greatest impact on him of any teacher at LHS.

Besides the COVID-19 shutdown, Connor felt that his biggest challenge was juggling and maintaining several high level courses at once, but according to his class rank, once again, it proves just how far a good work ethic can get you. If there’s one thing that Connor said he could take away from such a negative situation, it’s that regardless of unforeseen challenges, there is no excuse to halt any pursuit of goals or aspirations. With such a mature mentality and a decorated high school career, I have no doubt that Connor will do something special, now and in the future.

Good luck, Connor!

Donate to The Charles Street Times
$0
$500
Contributed
Our Goal

Comments (0)

All The Charles Street Times Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *