Tatiana Leonovich: The Swimmer

Getting in the top 20 is highly competitive, and by it’s nature only a very small percentage of students will ever achieve that honor. One of these students is Tatiana Leonovich. Placed at 10, there is no doubt a lot of work, effort, and dedication went into getting to that rank. If Tatiana had to describe her year in three words, they would be “Would Not Recommend.” Senior year can already be stressful with college admissions, but with complications due to COVID-19, it’s easy to understand why many students would feel this way. In Tatiana’s words, the most challenging aspect of remote learning was “Making connections with my teachers. I made sure to always participate in conversations and maintain communication with them.” This has been a struggle that a lot of students experienced this year, especially those who are full remote. Some of Tatiana’s favorite classes were AP Bio and AP Physics, showing a strong interest in the sciences

Tatiana will be going to Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute and will be majoring in Biomedical Engineering. Outside of class, she has many extracurricular activities. Those being Varsity Badminton, Varsity Swim, Science Club, and the National Honor Society. When she’s not doing  those, Tatiana enjoys reading, hiking, and playing video games. The Most important thing she learned at Lindenhurst High School is “You are the only thing constant in your life. The most important thing is to like yourself, and everyone else’s like is extra.” Tatiana also learned a lot from the pandemic, she said “Nothing in life is guaranteed. A detour can happen at any moment, so might as well enjoy the ride.” The biggest challenge for Tatiana was having trust in herself and get things done to focus on work, but she worked hard, and rose above that to great academic achievement.

Donate to The Charles Street Times
$0
$500
Contributed
Our Goal

Comments (0)

All The Charles Street Times Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *