Dina McGinley: The Dancer

In her high school career, Dina McGinley assembled a spectacular resume with superb academic and extracurricular achievements. With such a strong resume, Dina finds herself ranked tenth in the 2021 Lindenhurst High School graduating class. 

Dina describes her senior year as, “good, eventful and different” As she said, things have been different as we all know, as much of the school year this year has been impacted by the COVID-19 Pandemic. One major example of this was with remote learning, where Dina overcame challenges by, “staying focused at home and trying to limit distractions.” The pandemic has also taught her to be flexible and “go with the flow of everything.”

Dina’s favorite classes at Lindenhurst High School were dance and AP Bio. Outside of school, she participates in competitive dance and also Martial Arts, something she also teaches. She says the teacher that has left the greatest impact on her during her time her is Ms. Lyons.

The most important thing that Dina learned at Lindenhurst High School was what she wanted to do later in life. She says “figuring out what college to go to” was the biggest challenge for her at Lindenhurst High School.  Through all the challenges Dina has been able to overcome some of these challenges and will be attending Stony Brook University and majoring in Biochemistry.

$0
$500