- Italian Ricotta Cookies
The recipe is adapted from: https://www.cookingwithnonna.com/italian-cuisine/ricotta-cookies.html
For 5 Dozen:
For the Cookies:
2 cups sugar
1 cup butter, softened
1 pound ricotta cheese
2 tablespoons vanilla extract
2 large eggs
4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
For the Icing:
2 cups powdered sugar
3 tablespoons whole milk
Christmas sprinkles for decorating
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2) In a large bowl, with a mixer at low speed, beat sugar and butter until blended.
3) Increase speed to high; beat until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
4) At medium speed, beat in ricotta, vanilla, and eggs until well combined.
5) Reduce speed to low. Add flour, baking powder, and salt; beat until dough forms.
6) Drop dough by level tablespoons, about 2 inches apart, onto an ungreased large cookie sheet. Bake for about 15 minutes or until cookies are very lightly golden (cookies will be soft).
7) Bake all your cookies.
1) In a small bowl, stir powdered sugar and milk until smooth. With a small teaspoon, spread icing on cookies. Decorate with Christmas sprinkles.
2) Set cookies aside to allow icing to dry completely.
-Can also make with almond flavoring or lemon flavoring!