Chocolate Truffles – Recipe 7 of Christmas Cookbook
Chocolate Truffles are the ultimate of understated sophistication! This simple and extremely easy recipe is by Nagi, and to find more information and the original recipe please check out: https://www.recipetineats.com/chocolate-ganache-truffles/ . All you need for this recipe is basically a few ingredients such as just simply In a melting pot add chocolate, cream, and butter and combine to make chocolate truffles!
The Ingredients you will be needing for this recipe are:
- 285g / 10 oz dark chocolate melts (chocolate chips, or chocolate block coarsely chopped)
- 2 tbsp (30g) unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup (125ml) cream (full fat, not low fat, not whipped)
Here are some coating ideas, each of this coating is enough to coat 24 truffles:
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (Dutch Processed is darker, looks “posh”)
- 1/2 cup crushed peanuts (small, so can stick)
- 1/3 cup sprinkles or similar
- 1/4 cup icing sugar / powdered sugar
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the chocolate, cream, and butter. Microwave for 4 x 30 second bursts on high, stirring after each.
- Cover and set aside for 5 minutes, then stir until the chocolate has melted and smoothed out (this is a ganache!).
- Refrigerate the bowl for at least 6 hours before serving. It is not a good idea to try to save money by freezing it!
- Refrigerate a dinner dish or tray on which to place the rolled truffles.
Steps to roll the truffle balls:
- Combine cocoa and preferred coatings in a small bowl or plate.
- Take the ganache out of the fridge. The chocolate mixture should have a solid consistency, not squishy like cold butter but not as hard as peanut butter.
- Remove an ice pack or a bag of frozen peas from the freezer and place it on the bench. Cover the dish with a couple of paper towels. (For more details, see “Freezer Pack.”)
- Using a tablespoon measure, scoop up a dollop of the mixture, then scoop it out into your hands using a teaspoon (see video). Form a ball and set it aside on a cool plate. Repeat with the remaining chocolate mixture, cooling your hands as needed with the Freezer Pack.
- Once all of the balls have been rolled, coat with chocolate or other desired coatings. To keep the chocolate creamy on the inside, serve at room temperature.
Donate to The Charles Street Times