Ms. Santos-Zunich

This 2022-2023 school year the Lindenhurst High School has gained many new teachers. Since these teachers are new we thought it would be fun for you to get to know them. Ms. Santos-Zunich is one of these new teachers. She was asked a series of questions about her and her life. She was first asked what subject she teaches. Ms. Santos-Zunich teaches Spanish levels 1,2, and 3. The second question she was asked is why did she choose to teach Spanish over all other subjects. Ms. Santos-Zunichs first language is actually Spanish and she finds that sharing her knowledge of this beautiful language is rewarding and fun. Ms. Santos-Zunich is also certified to teach grade school/middle school, all subjects, Spanish 7th-12th grades and she has a Bilingual Teaching Certificate. She taught science in the middle school in both English and Spanish and 8th grade Spanish for several years before coming to Lindenhurst High School. Ms. Santos-Zunich became a teacher because she came here from the Dominican Republic when she was 11 years old and she was unable to speak any English at all. Teachers were not understanding and only a couple of teachers helped her during her first few years at school in America. She decided early on that she was going to help and give back to students like her. Most people are always curious where their teacher went to school. She got her Undergraduate at John Jay College of Criminal Justice, Masters Degree from LIU/CW Post, Bilingual Extension Certification at Queens College, and Spanish 7-12 Certification at Stony Brook University. Let’s get into more personal information that you might want to know. 

Out of school she stated ”I love to spend time with my family, go to the gym, eat out, visit the east end of Long Island, Florida weather, and shop among other things.” Some of her favorite things are her family, close friends, her students, shoes, clothes, good food and wine, and warm weather. Would you like to be taught by this lovely teacher after getting to know her!?

Donate to The Charles Street Times
$0
$500
Contributed
Our Goal

Comments (0)

All The Charles Street Times Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *