Ms. Ibrahim

With the new school year starting, many new teachers have entered the building teaching many different subjects. One of these new teachers is Ms. Ibrahim, who answered some questions about her start as the first female in the Lindenhurst technology department.

Why did you become a teacher?
I became a teacher to inspire people and hopefully make a difference.

How do you encourage your students to learn?
I try to show students there are several ways to learn and be successful. For example, I try to give students hands-on projects and real-life examples/ experiences. I want to show students that you don’t always need to go to college to be successful; you can follow your passions, learn a trade, or even start your own business.

Where did you go to college and what did you major in?
I went to SUNY Oswego and majored in Technology Education.

Outside of school what are some interests you have?
In my free time, I work on my project car, I do construction on the side, and I enjoy spending time with family and loved ones.

What made you interested in technology?
I decided to become a technology teacher to inspire students, especially female students, to learn life skills and to work with their hands. I was inspired by my high school technology teacher, and he is a big reason why I decided to make this my career. I hope to be able to guide and inspire students similarly.

How do you like teaching at Lindenhurst so far?
I love teaching at Lindenhurst! It was a tough adjustment as a first-year teacher but now that I got in the swing of things, I absolutely love it.

What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever gotten?
Some of the best advice I’ve gotten is to always do and find what makes you happy, life is too short to be worried and stressed. Enjoy and cherish the little things and the people you have in your life.

$0
$500