Courtesy of J. Kelly

Kyra Pontecorvo Ranked 11th in the Class of 2019

Kyra Pontecorvo: The Athlete

Throughout high school, Kyra Pontecorvo has managed to achieve great success and has been ranked eleventh out of 2019’s graduating class.

While working hard to maintain her academic success, Kyra also makes time to pursue her passions. She has played girl’s varsity lacrosse since freshman year, JV volleyball my freshman year,  JV basketball my freshman year and then varsity basketball her sophomore year. “I like to be outdoors. I like to go on drives to the beach, go on nature trails, go hiking”, Kyra emphasized. 

Kyra plans to go into college as a mathematics major and of her career she says that she “definitely wants to stay in the field of STEM.” The future she sees for herself proves to be bright and promising. “I see myself financially stable, traveling many places, maybe being married and definitely having a dog.”

Through her high school journey, she was inspired most by her mother. “She was always there for me no matter what. at all my highs and lows. She is my number one support system since day one.” As her high school journey comes to a close, she looks back on it being “bittersweet, exciting, and relieving.”

As she reflects back on her time spent at LHS, Kyra notes that what she will miss all of the friends she made. “A lot of them are different and leave a mark on you and shape you into the person you are, especially if you’ve been around them for multiple years.” When she thinks back on the courses she’s taken over the years and there are quite a few that stick out prominently as favorites. “I liked AP World History, AP Chemistry, Italian and Architecture.”

Kyra leaves us with the closing words, “I want to thank my mom; I want to thank any teacher I’ve had because they’ve shaped me into who I am; Miss Fig, my old social worker, for helping me with any issues I’ve had; and any coach that I’ve had for forming me into the athlete I am today.”

Donate to The Charles Street Times
$0
$500
Contributed
Our Goal

Comments (0)

All The Charles Street Times Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *