Julia Messina: The Artist

This year has been a change for all students in Lindenhurst High School, especially the seniors. All things they needed to do to prepare for college were altered to fit COVID-19 safety precautions. When I interviewed Julia Messina, a senior in the top 20 of her class, she gave me an insight as to what she has been doing this year. 

During the interview, Julia mentioned that she is a very organized person and the hybrid schedule interrupted her usual routine. She stated her schedule is extremely packed with sports, clubs and extracurriculars and it was hard to balance it all on top of schoolwork. Although she did bounce back and adjust very quickly to it and made it work. Julia would describe her senior year as “unpredictable, relaxed and different.” Besides COVID-19 causing some setbacks, she managed to take a valuable lesson away that she has to “make the most of her alone time and work towards her goals”. Besides taking away that lesson from COVID, she also learned one from Lindenhurst High School as a whole. She learned how to be a better version of herself. Some teachers that helped her in that lesson and made the greatest impact on her in her time in LHS are Mr.Vavalle and Ms.Buechner. During her time in the High School, some of her favorite classes to take were Digital Media, AP Research, and AP World History. Outside of school, Julia also partakes in extracurriculars and has some hobbies of her own. She enjoys crafting, taking photos and painting in her free time. She is Head Stage Manager of the Drama Department and a member of the Interact Club. When Julia graduates she will attend Hofstra University with a major in Film. Best of luck in the future, Julia! 

$0
$500