New Art Display in the Hallway

Dominic Colavito, Staff Writer

Just recently a screen was added to the window in the art hallway. The window has always been used to display students artwork but, the art department headed by Mr. John Trapanai, felt it was time to update the window and add some new technology. They decided to add a flat screen display. It is being used to display projects and videos completed by students in all fine arts and performing classes such as drawing, painting, sculpture, computer graphics, and photography.  Even dance and music performances by students will be played in the window. Broadcasting news reports are also being played in the window. The inspiration for the design of the window came from the “SteamPunk” in the science-fiction movement from the 19th century. This includes steam powered machinery, wood and metal pipe. 

The window was coordinated by Mr. Carnevale. Other teachers such as, Ms. Biscardi, Ms. Bode, Ms. Cuozzo, Mr Morris, Mr. Locascio and Ms. Kelly all helped to set up the display in the hallway. Lindenhurst High School students Jason Lotti and Amy Kosiorek contributed to some of the display components. All projects that are completed will be displayed.   Mr Carnevale says, “It’s an ever changing display as more student work becomes available to showcase.” Mr. Carnevale made it clear that all of the students’ work will be shown. He stated, “So it is not as if some are chosen and some are not.” 

Even though there was no deadline, the display may have been installed last year if the school didn’t shut down. The artwork isn’t only being shown in the window. The two monitors in the cafeteria are also showing fine arts and performing classes projects. Now, students’ work that wasn’t ordinarily able to be displayed in the past can finally be displayed to the school.