Homecoming and Pep-Rally 2021

Homecoming and Pep-Rally 2021

Margaret Stavrinadis, Staff Writer

This weekend was filled with unforgettable moments for our entire student body- all in the span of just two days! The Pep-Rally and Homecoming for this year were both extravagant and fun; making an impression for freshmen and raising expectations for upcoming events. 

Pep Rally

Pep-Rally 2021 was truly a night to remember! The middle school field was full of Lindy supporters, and the wonderful marching band and teams put on a show! Pep-Rally this year was truly exciting for the community because there was no Pep-Rally last year, due to Covid-19. The night kicked off with the introduction of our amazing fall sports teams, with the help of our Lindy marching band.

Among the many fall Lindy teams represented were football, cheerleading, field hockey, girls swimming and diving, soccer, volleyball, tennis, dance, cross-country, and golf. 

The theme of this Pep-rally was Lindy-spirit, and every team took this on in their own special way. From floats and goggles on the Varsity Swim Team to crazy hair and makeup from the JV Girls Soccer Team, every team took the chance to have some fun. 

Josie Grande brought the house down with her spectacular voice, performing the National Anthem. She had the crowd up on their feet cheering loud and proud!

Heartfelt and memorable tributes to teachers that have passed were made by some of the sports teams, as well. The cheerleaders performed in honor of Anne Wishniak, past varsity cheer coach. 

Pep-Rally then went on to introduce all of our school athletes and marching band members, giving them the recognition they deserve. The night ended with the announcement of Homecoming King and Queen- Riley McCandless and Igur Rzasa.

Homecoming

Homecoming 2021 was an experience that no Lindy community member will ever forget! The theme of homecoming was PINK-OUT, representing breast cancer awareness month. Everyone dressed the part top to bottom in support of the theme; even our Varsity football team rocked the field in hot pink!

Lindy won the game 7 to 3! West Islip Lions weren’t a match for our bulldog spirit. Alyssa Wronski sang the national anthem, showing us her own Lindy pride and doing an incredible job! 

2022 most definitely has their work cut out for them to top this amazing Pep-Rally and Homecoming next year!