How to Study For Your AP Exams

How to Study For Your AP Exams

Julie Leon, Staff Writer

High school students are now approaching the last quarter of the 2022 school year, which also means the AP Exams are coming up very soon. Students may feel worried as these stress inducing tests come closer and closer, and might even feel lost on how to study for them. Not to worry, prepping for the AP Exams isn’t as intimidating as it may feel, as long as you create a review strategy most beneficial to you. 

Old Material

Looking at the amount of material you have to review might feel overwhelming, but you’d be surprised at how much information you can review within a small portion of the day. Reading over old notes, or reviewing past work, for just 15-30 minutes each day will help you refresh your memory of old material. Reviewing on a daily basis for only a short amount of time will drastically help, especially if you have a busy schedule or other tests to study for. 

Extra Help

Asking for a teacher’s help is extremely useful, especially if you have certain questions when reviewing content for your AP Exam. Going to extra help or staying a few minutes after class to clarify material will give you a better understanding, and will also clear up any confusions you might have. There’s no shame in asking for help from a teacher, and they will gladly help you achieve your highest score on the exam. 

Using Your Resources

The internet is one of the most helpful ways to study because of the many resources you can use. For example, the AP College Board website has many in-depth review videos of each unit for the AP classes you are enrolled in. If you check out YouTube and search the specific topic you want to review, you will find many videos of different educators explaining your topic. If you are not one for watching videos, there are also websites such as Khan Academy that will give you great review material and practice questions. 

AP Exams are getting closer and students are getting more stressed, which is completely understandable considering how much content was learned in under 7 months. However, studying and reviewing can help reduce some of that stress while taking the test, and leave you feeling more confident about the AP Exams.