Lindy Students Nearing Regents and Finals

Joseph Rippo, Staff Writer

To the excitement of most students, the 2021-2022 school year is coming to an end soon, with only a little over a month left until summer vacation. However, the end of the school year does also bring finals and regents. Though teachers, especially here at Lindenhurst, have been preparing students with the knowledge they need to thrive, it is still a stressful time. If you have not yet looked at a schedule for the upcoming finals and regents, it is important to be informed of when they start so you are prepared. The first final starts on Friday, June tenth, which contains the tests for periods two, four, and six, in that order. The following Monday, on June thirteenth, has periods one, three, and five. The day after is the final day, with periods seven, eight, and nine. During finals, dismissal is at 12:45 due to each of the three tests only taking an hour and a half. For those in Lindy that will be taking the regents, the first one is on Wednesday, June first, being the US History Regents. The next day of regents does not begin until the day after finals end. Regents then continue throughout that week and throughout the entire next week, despite the weekend in-between, and a break on Monday for the celebration of Juneteenth. If you would like to know what day you are taking the regents for a specific class during that period, you are able to either simply search on Google or ask your teacher. As mentioned before, rigorous test-taking is extremely stressful. If you are feeling this way, know that there is a way to battle your test anxiety. In fact, at our own school library on some of the tables are instructions on what to do before and during an exam to avoid test stress.