Dear Evan Hansen

Musical Review and Extraordinary Experience

Brianna Quinn, Free Lance Writer

Dear Evan Hansen was brought to Broadway recently, but has obtained many awards. I went to see it this past month on September 27th. The role of Jared Kleinman was played by Nick Sacks, and it was his Broadway debut. Along with that, Evan Hansen was played by Micheal Lee Brown and Connor Murphy was played by Colton Ryan. The musical is about a high school boy suffering from anxiety. After another boy in his school commits suicide, the show follows the helplessness and lies that ensue.

The cast phenominally created an atmosphere of strong emotion, that of which was so intense you could see the tears dripping off of the actors faces and onto the stage. It brought about tears from many audience members and it makes you think deeply about mental health and the way you treat those around you. I strongly reccomend you go see it if you are given the chance.

As well as great acting, the cast is kind to boot. If you stick around after the show, you are likely to meet some of those amazing people. The people I was able to meet were, Nick Sacks, Micheal Lee Brown, Colton Ryan, Michael Park, and Rachel Bay Jones. They treated every fan nicely and gave their time equally. I couldn’t have asked for a better experience.