New Wednesday Addams Show on Netflix

Imani McPhaul, Staff Writer

This upcoming fall, Netflix is releasing a new twisted series, directed by the famous Tim Burton who made 1.025 billion when directing Alice In Wonderland in 2010. Tim Burton is famous for other movies he has made, but also for his imagination and how his movies have a similar feel. There is horror, happy endings, and characters that are different from ordinary. This November, he is reintroducing us to the family we love: they’re creepy, they’re spooky, and like no other family we know, they’re the Addams family!

In this series, there is more attention on Wednesday Addams herself and her way of life. There are many new challenges awaiting for Wednesday and her dark, wicked head. This  series is not a reboot or spin-off, but an interesting show on the interesting Wednesday Addams fans have come to love over the years. 

She stands out from most young girls who typically desire to play with dolls and play princess. Wednesday is obsessed with death and wears all black as well as black makeup, with a soul of darkness. She is confident and says what’s on her mind, not apologizing for telling the truth. You never know what she is going to say next, or even what she will do. She takes after her parents, Gomez Addams and Morticia Addams, and their weird, frightening ways. 

The official trailer came out on June 9th, 2022. Cast members include: Jenna Ortega as Wednesday Addams, Luis Guzman as Gomez Addams, Catherine Zeta-Jones as Morticia Addams, Isaac Ordonez as Pugsley Addams, and George Burcea as Lurch. 

This series is not only about the incredible family and giving fans the comedy that they always have given to us, but it is more of Wednesday’s input and how she looks at life. It focuses on this new chapter of her exploring high school and trying to find somewhere she is accepted.  

For Wednesday, she looks at the world as if it is black and white. Actress, Jenna Ortega, looks amazing in the trailer. She has two braided pigtails and is wearing all black, possessing Wednesday’s creepy grin and pale skin. Ortega is vert dedicated to becoming her character, Wednesday. Wednesday rarely has any emotions. Make sure to catch Jenna Ortega in Wednesday, coming soon on Netflix.