LHS Marching Band Open House

Patrycja Chrzanowska, Editor

Attention all students who will be in 8th grade or a high school student in September 2018, are you interested in joining Marching Band? If so, then now is your chance! The Lindenhurst High School Marching Band is having an open house today, Monday, May 21st at the Lindenhurst High School Library!

The open house will last from 6:00pm – 8:00pm. Even if you aren’t sure whether you want to join, you can come by to learn more and see what the Marching Band has to offer. There is no experience necessary to join. Anyone who is interested can come by to the open house to find a role that suits them.

Madison Garraffo, a sophomore who is taking part in Marching Band said, “It’s an awesome experience even if you just want to come and try it out.” Victoria Cusumano, another sophomore who is taking part in Marching Band said, “Don’t be afraid to get involved and see if it’s something you might enjoy!”

Being a part of the Marching Band consists of a lot of work including countless rehearsals and lots of practice, but it pays off every time you preform and (hopefully) win competitions. You might even find yourself very invested in it. It’s also a great opportunity to make friends, especially during band camp in August!

If this all sounds like something you’d like to take part in, then make sure to stop by at the LHS Marching Band open house or talk to this year’s Marching Band coordinator, Mr. Pike.