Lindy Triatholon

Lindy+Triatholon

John Honahan, Staff Writer

Every year at Lindenhurst High School, there are many major events that occur throughout our campus. From the musicals to football games there is never a thing to miss here. However, the Triathlon is surely something to behold and become a part of. This year’s triathlon was intense and the results were outstanding. The traiaholn has been going for several years now as part of the Adelphi PE class. This class allows you to earn both high school and college physical education credits. According to Adelphi PE Teacher Ronald Frole, “This year’s triathlon was the 12th annual triathlon.”

This event took place on Friday April 11, 2018 during periods 5 through 8. Approximately 110 students in the Adelphi PE classes took part in this events. The race started with a eight lap half-mile swim, contintunted with a five mile bike ride around the streets surrounding the High School, and concluding with a two mile run around the school itself.  Mr. Frole stated that the triathlon teaches students,”discipline, goal setting, commitment, and how to train for the various events.”

For everyone that finished the triathlon within the allotted time, it is a remarkable achievement after weeks of hard work. Mr Frole stated, “My favorite part is watching someone who at first struggled with a particular event have success after training and practicing for 10 weeks.” This year’s top 10 winners were in order of shortest overall time, Noah Daniels in 1st place, Peter Moran in 2nd place, Colin Sherlock in 3rd place, Sean Kennedy in 4th place, Tom Renick in 5th Place, Azem Azemi in 6th place, Michael Valera in 7th place, Patrick Konarski in 8th place, Austin Martinez in 9th place, and Bodhan Fostakovskyy in 10th place. Noah Daniels remarked that the feeling of being number 1 in the triathlon was “beyond accelerating.”