Lindenhurst Varsity Football

Expectations for the Fall Season

Aodhan Williams, Staff Writer

As we all know our Lindenhurst Bulldogs are the defending Division 1 Long Island Football Champions. Unfortunately this year they won’t be trying to defend the division 1 championship because we were moved down to Division 2. However that doesn’t mean that it is going to be easier considering the fact that we are going to lose Jeremy Ruckert who is an All American Tight End as well as Ricky Conway, Nick Anzalone, and Justin Zotto who went All Long Island. The Bulldogs also lose Malik Grant and Mitchell St. Aubin who went All County. That is a big loss; but it is up to our bulldogs to see how much it will impact them and determine the way will it change how they play.

The good news for the Dawgs is three returning players who went All Division. That includes Jeff Perez (sophomore), Will Ruckert (sophomore), and Dean Morealle (Junior). Which those three could potentially lead our team to another Long Island Championship?    The JV football team from two years ago which makes up a lot of the starting roster next year, went 6-2.

Lindenhurst’s biggest challenge next year will be against North Babylon who are the defending Suffolk County Champions. However they are losing a star player as well such as their star running back last year, David Estrella, who rushed for over 2000 yards last season. Winning the Long Island Championship last year sets the expectations pretty high, regardless of who we are losing. Predictions are that the Bulldogs will play in the Long Island Championship next year because there is a lot of talent coming on to the Varsity Football team next year. Remember star players were not always stars. And this next season will give these juniors and seniors an opportunity to make a name for themselves. Lindenhurst believes that they will!