LHS Student Runs for the Warriors

Probates for NHS volunteering at Run for the Warriors on November 10, 2018.

Robert Hager, Freelance Writer

On November 10th, the eleventh annual Run for the Warriors took place in Lindenhurst. Run for the Warriors is a fundraising event held by Hope for the Warriors. Hope for the Warriors has a mission of helping military families in their transitions of life through having support systems. It was originally founded in 2006 by military families aboard Marine Corps Base Camp Lejeune, NC. These families started it as they realized the effects war has on service members and their families.  

At this amazing event, volunteers from the Lindenhurst High School helped out. Probates from the National Honor Society put in a lot of work at the event. When talking about volunteering to Madison Kamme, a member of NHS, she stated “volunteering has provided me with memories and relationships to last. Not only that, but it has given me a new and rewarding outlook on life and has granted me with amazing opportunities.” National Honor Society is where members volunteer and find ways to be part of their community. Madison also said that volunteering “allows you to give back and help others. It provides people with a sense of accomplishment and allows for them to explore areas of interest.”

Being active in your community makes everyone happier, stronger, and more closely connected.

— Madison Kamme

Also at the event, a Lindenhurst High School student competed in Run for the Warriors and did exceptionally well. Congratulations to Nicholas Hager who placed 1st in the 5k race. Nick, a senior, loves to run and has been in cross country, winter track, and spring track & field since he was a freshmen. Nick goes out for runs everyday and truly enjoys doing it, “It clears my mind and brings something challenging into my life. When I complete a race I feel so accomplished.”

Congratulations to Nick Hager and all participants in the race. Also, Great job to all members of NHS that volunteered at the event. Run for the Warriors was indeed a success in Lindenhurst.