Courtesy of Robert Hager

Samantha Lound was ranked third in the Class of 2019.

Samantha Lound: The Gymnastics Coach

During her high school journey, Samantha Lound was able to achieve amazing academic achievements through being ranked third in her graduating Class of 2019.

Currently, she describes her senior year as “bittersweet and stressful with applying to colleges and keeping up my grades, it has just been a lot.” Samantha was inspired to work her hardest in school because of her father. “He moved to America, was able to get an education and started a family. He always wanted the best for us.”

As well as focusing on her studies, Samantha loves to remain active in her community by being part of community service clubs such as Interact Club and Key Club. Samantha enjoys doing gymnastics and is on the Lindenhurst Varsity Gymnastics Team. She also is a Gymnastics coach for younger kids. “I just love teaching them. They are always full of happiness.”

I am just so thankful for my friends and family. They made these years at LHS truly unforgettable.

— Samantha Lound

Samantha enjoys to keep herself busy with other activities, such as International Club, Student Council, and Science Club. “I love being a part of clubs so I can hang out with friends and meet new people.”

For the future, Samantha currently plans to go to college and “major in Biology and possibly go into a career in medicine. I just want to be happy with what I do.”

Samantha voiced that her high school experience went by so fast. “I still remember getting lost as a freshman on the first day of school”, she joked. “I feel like I was just making my time capsule in Ms. Berry’s English Class. It is crazy to think that in a few months I will be graduating from here. I just started getting used to high school, now I have to get used to college.”

At high school, the most important thing that Samantha learned was “not to care what anyone else thinks about you.” As she says goodbye to the LHS family, “I want to thank all of my teachers that pushed me to work my hardest.”

$0
$500