Trick or Treat on Charles Street

Gianna Valela, Staff Writer

On Thursday, October 31 the LHS held its 29th annual Trick or Treat on Charles Street, where all of the clubs and class councils decorated their designated hallways and classrooms for a fun-filled Halloween afternoon.  Hallways are typically based on Halloween movies or T.V. shows, so you can always expect to see cardboard cutouts of your favorite characters from the best Halloween movies and television shows posted all around the school.  Parents of the Lindenhurst community as well as staff members of the LHS were invited to bring their kids to the high school from 4:00-5:30 so they could “trick or treat” in a safe environment. Students came dressed in their costumes and helped hand out candy to each and every kid.  Each year, the participating club and class council members contribute their free time towards decorating their hallways and making this a memorable experience for the kids who were trick or treating. The clubs and class councils also compete to see who has the best spooky and creative Halloween themed hallway.  Trick or Treat on Charles Street is definitely a fun experience for everyone, parents included. In case you were unable to attend Trick or Treat on Charles Street, here is a list of the Halloween hallways and classrooms that each participating club and class council decorated. 

Class Councils

In fourth place, the seniors!

The senior class decorated the rotunda as if it was a spooky haunted house.

In third place, the freshmen!

The freshmen class designed their hallway based on the iconic Disney Channel movie, Halloweentown.

In second place, the sophomores!

The sophomore class designed their hallway based on the Witch’s Woods – a haunted hayride experience you will never forget.

Aaaaand in first place, the juniors!

The junior class designed their hallway based on the movie/television show, The Addams Family.

Clubs

In third place, the Italian club!

The Italian club designed their hallway based on the lengthy Italian narrative poem, Dante’s Inferno.

In second place, the National Honor Society!

The National Honor Society also designed their hallway on the Disney Channel original movie, Halloweentown.

Aaaaand in first place, the National Art Honor Society!

The National Art Honor Society designed their hallway based on the Netflix original series, Stranger Things.  

Thank you to everyone who contributed to this years Trick or Treat on Charles Street, and congratulations to the Junior class and the National Art Honor Society for coming in first place!