Lindy’s Fantastic Fencers

Nicolina Bilella, Staff Writer

Senior Night is a fencing tradition, however it was still able to endure even during Covid. Senior Night is a end of season party for seniors similar to a graduation party. The undergraduates support the management by creating posters with a collage of pictures. There aren’t many guidelines so there is a bit of variation.

The pizza night described as a reward after the season was unable to happen due to the “No Sharing Food” restriction. It would be very risky eating at the Daniel Street gym (where the fencers meet to practice everyday).

Instead they made a plan to going to a plan B place, one where they met after unfortunately getting cheated out of a win in a meet, AppleBees. The first time almost everyone met and were separated due to Covid rules, only about 4 per table. Nonetheless they still enjoyed it. However going there ended up not happening. Senior Night ended up being the last event of the night.

Senior Night was after a meeting against Huntington. The place seems to be a tradition also as stated by 11th grader Matt Sailer, “Senior Meets are ALWAYS against Huntington, after two years in the team, I found out that it’s pretty much tradition at this point”. The Lindenhurst boys won, but we can’t say that about the girls. Proceeding that was the main event of hanging the posters up and the kids who made them said a speech about their chosen person. Luckily for some people the speech saying was optional. The seniors took a few photos in front of the posters (as shown from the picture above).

Since the season was shortened there are no tournaments so the season ends after the last meeting on Wednesday February 17th. If you are interested in joining fencing listen for an announcement next year in about November.