Ms.+Trusnovec

Ms. Trusnovec

Every year there’s more new faces to learn in the Lindenhurst High School such as incoming freshmen and new teachers!  As the 2022-2023 school year begins the journalists of the Charles Street Times took the opportunity to interview these new teachers and get to know them just a bit better! One of these teachers, being Ms. Trusnovec, my Algebra 2 teacher. Trusnovec fits right in the Lindy community with her warm and sweet personality, she’s passionate about teaching and helps her students out every chance she can get, it makes her happy knowing her students know the material and are succeeding in and outside of the classroom.  

What subject do you teach this year? 

I am teaching Algebra 2 Honors and Real Numbers 

Where did you go to college/school? 

I went to St. Joseph’s College in Patchogue.

What is your favorite movie/tv show? 

My favorite TV show is Friends! 

What inspired you to become a teacher? How did you know you wanted to be a teacher? 

I became a teacher because of my 5th grade math teacher. He emphasized that learning occurs at different paces, and he was always there to help me learn the content. I wanted to become a teacher so I could pass that on with my students and share math with them in a positive way. 

What do you like about Lindy so far?

I love the school culture and the pride of all students and teachers. Everyone works together and helps each other; it is such a positive and happy place to me. 

How long have you been into (whatever subject)? 

I have had a passion for math for as long as I can remember. I am currently finishing up my master’s degree in mathematics, as well. 

Outside of school, what are your hobbies? 

Outside of school, I love to read, walk my dog (chihuahua), and spend time with my friends.

What are your goals as a teacher? 

My goal as a teacher is to be a positive voice in students’ lives and to help them understand and enjoy coming to math class. 

What is one of the best things about becoming/being a teacher? 

One of the best things about being a teacher is forming student relationships. I love to learn about students and what they do outside of the math classroom. Learning that my classroom is a safe space for them to talk is so rewarding. 

What is one of the best pieces of advice you have received when it comes to being a teacher? 

One of the best pieces of advice I have received about becoming a teacher is remembering the power of the word “yet”. Reminding students that instead of saying “I don’t understand it” they should be saying “I don’t understand it yet.” Learning occurs at different paces for all students, and I am striving to show students that I am here for them. 

What makes a good teacher in your perspective? 

A good teacher, in my opinion, is one who understands that I am just a 40 minute snippet in my students’ day. Being there for students and acknowledging their efforts in balancing school-work-personal life, I think, is a teacher who has succeeded. 

Donate to The Charles Street Times
$0
$500
Contributed
Our Goal

Comments (0)

All The Charles Street Times Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *