Polls

What is your favorite thing to do in the snow?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

A.P. Biology (L.E.F.T.) Field Trips

With the new year, comes new exciting opportunities! The A.P. Biology students are preparing for the L.E.F.T for Juniors program. This is a program where the Lindenhurst District’s 4th graders are brought on a field trip to the Sunken Forest in Fire Island. This elementary school field trip is a memorable experience that surely no child will forget. 

Lindenhurst High School’s A.P. Biology students also go on this thrilling trip to help educate the children. In order to do so, the Biology students need to take a series of field trips of their own. They do this so they can learn about the impeccable biology and features of Fire Island. 

As soon as the clock hit 8 A.M. on Thursday, September 14th and Friday, September 15th, the students hopped on the bus. Everyone felt excitement and joy to begin their journey to Fire Island. 

On September 14th, once getting off the bus and ferry, students took a tour of the Sunken Forest. Plenty of notations in the students’ notebooks were made about the beautiful nature that was seen and fascinating ideas learned in the forest. Students also went seining, catching marine life from crabs, to puffer-fish! Everyone safely got back to the high school, just as the school day came to an end. 

On September 15th, students took a self-tour through the forest to ensure they were prepared to give their own lessons in the near future. Multiple teachers and staff members from the high school joined the L.E.F.T students. They proved to the students that the subjects of Art, English, Trigonometry, and Earth Science tie into nature and biology itself. 

The trips were enjoyable, and the L.E.F.T students are eager to go on more trips coming up soon! 

The Charles Street Times wishes you a spectacular school year.