Katch At Venetian Shores

Katch At Venetian Shores

The people of Long Island are buzzing about the Venetian Shores restaurant, Katch. Katch is located in Lindenhurst, New York right on the Great South Bay. The food is appetizing, the live music is admirable, and the views are remarkable. What is not to love about this hot spot?!

Food and Drinks

From pretzels to tacos, the food selection at Katch greatly varies. The menu is divided into 6 sections. These sections include Bites, Soups and Salads, Dips, Tacos, Pizza, and Big Bites. 

The most popular choice of dish is the signature Katch Burger. This double patty cheeseburger is known and loved for its spicy thousand island sauce on top. 

There is something for everyone here, no matter if you are a picky eater or not! The chefs are extremely considerate and will alter your dish any way you want. 

At Katch, there are special nights with certain themes. On these occasions, different “specials” are made and put on the menu for a limited time. These specials include yuka balls, chon chiheron, empanadas, lobster rolls, and more. These specials sell fast from their popularity and enjoyable flavors. 

Not only does this restaurant offer lunch and dinner, but even dessert! There are tons of ice cream or ice pop treats you can choose from, especially on hot summer days. 

Katch is incredibly recognized for both their delightful food and their drinks at the bar. The bar is constantly crowded with guests from the diverse options offered there. Recently, a new pumpkin beer with a cinnamon sugar rim was added to the menu. The bar is a huge hit during the season at Katch. There are several non-alcoholic options you could also choose from. You can get slushies, strawberry lemonade, sodas, or just water. 

Overall, the food is a great contributor to making Katch so spectacular. Though the Katch season is coming to an end, next summer will be here in a flash. So be sure to check out the menu and see what interests you!

Live Music

Katch at Venetian Shores is a big spot for locals of all ages during the summer to come together and listen to music. As you enjoy the music in the lively environment, you can hangout on the beach. Katch provides a variety of live music for everyone to enjoy. Katch even has Latin nights every Tuesday night. Latin nights are very popular. They had their second annual Latin Festival Sunday October 1st. The live music started at 12pm and continued until 9pm. Many people enjoy this night because of the great atmosphere. There is dancing all night which brings joy to the crowd. 

Other popular nights at Katch at Venetian Shores are Friday and Saturday nights during the summer. This summer The Warped Tour Band played at Katch twice. This is a huge band that many people came to see. Friday and Saturday nights usually consist of older music from the 80s and 90s. This music and atmosphere pulls people in from all over Long Island. Katch becomes very busy at night especially on Tuesday, Friday and Saturday nights. If you are looking for a calmer night to enjoy the music at Katch, Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays would be the days for you! Less popular bands will play on these days, but it is always still a great time down at Katch. 

On some of the more popular days of the week, live music will go from 2pm to 9:30. This year on October 14th, Katch is having their first Oktober Festival. This event requires tickets and starts at 1:00 in the afternoon. This event will be going until 10:00pm and multiple bands and singers will be performing. There will be music and local vendors all day along with lawn games, food trucks, and craft beer. Katch is an amazing place to spend your summer nights and days, check this place out sometime!

The Working Atomsphere

Katch is an establishment within our very own Lindenhurst community. It is not only one of the popular restaurant destinations as communicated by many other local newspapers, but is a popular place of work for students within our high school. 

Even within our very own executive board of the Charles Street Times, there are workers of this fine establishment. Both staff writers Diavona King, who is also one of our junior editors, and Madison McCormack are two of the very fine head expos within Katch. However, it is important to acknowledge the numerous jobs available within Katch which include expo positions, bar staff, servers, and as well the managers that smoothly run this cool new spot! As speaking with multiple workers I have discovered the true delights of working at Katch of during the summer and fall months of the season. Sophia Drago, a new worker within the Katch establishment, states in our interview, “Everyone seems pretty nice. . . I like it here”. Sophia has worked within Katch for the past three months as an expo where employees around the age of 16 usually run food from the kitchen to pick up-post or out to tables. 

Workers within Katch have a variety of nights to prepare for especially the most popular Latin nights. In my discussion with Sophia she described how busy it truly is to get a Venetian Shores, and with confirmation from another employee, “The food sounds great so I am excited to eat some Mexican corn and empanadas!” The experiences each worker has within Katch are very different but the hopes are for employers within Katch that the same employees stay with them for following summers and for them to take up higher roles. 

Traditionally, expos usually work up to becoming head expos around 16 years old then at the age of 18 can apply to be a server and in the following years apply and learn to become a bartender and even manager. As an example, Grace is working her fourth summer here at Katch and is now at Suffolk Community College and is a LHS Alumni! Grace says,”I was an expo, I worked my way up!. . . I love being a server now but I am waiting for the bar positions to open up!”

Katch overall is an amazing environment not only for customers but the employees as well as their opportunities to equally progress and have fun! However, customers do also love Katch as a local customer states, “I love this place! It’s a great place for me and my family to stay and the service is always fantastic! I look forward to their Latin nights and love when I get to look at the Great South Bay with my family!”