September through December

January 14, 2019

AP+Biology+students+pictured+on+the+first+round+of+trips+to+Fire+Island%2C+familiarizing+themselves+with+the+flora+and+fauna.+

Courtesy of Jenna Hoogervorst

AP Biology students pictured on the first round of trips to Fire Island, familiarizing themselves with the flora and fauna.

September

On September 5, 2018, all students came back to LHS. It was a great day as we welcomed incoming Freshmen into our community. Peer Leadership provided any help needed by the Freshmen, to make them feel more comfortable in this very new school.

At the start of the school year, many clubs started back up and new ones were added. Paw Patrol and Yoga Club are two brand new clubs; both are going very well and make a good addition to LHS.

AP Biology students went on their first round of LEFT trips to prepare for educating fourth graders about the environment and guide Fire Island. All of the students really enjoyed the trip, making it an overall fun day out in the wilderness!

October

The Team Nicole Challenge took over the Halloween season when we saw Key Club sponsor the great event. The whole school took part in it through donating to the Seaman family and doing push ups to join #TeamNicole. This challenge really showed how our community can come together. Ms. Berry, when interviewed by CST, stated that “It is beneficial on every level to help someone in need.”

On October 17, The Pie the Teacher Event took place to help raise money for the McCandless family, who had their youngest child be diagnosed with a brain tumor. it is amazing to see how well our community can come together during the worst events.

Courtesy of J. Rossillo
Italian Club

On October 20, the Homecoming Parade was finally ready. As all of the floats done by each grade and school went down the streets, the audience was able to see how much work students put into them.

Also during this Halloween season, Trick or Treat on Charles Street took place on October 26. This event gave clubs the chance to decorate classrooms and hallways for the children of Lindy to come and see. The children loved the decorations the students put together.

November

During the month, classes and clubs collected donations for a food drive to help people in need during the Thanksgiving holiday. This made for an overall great Thanksgiving holiday for everyone to see their families and get a quick break from school and work.

Courtesy of Lindenhurst School District
Members of National Art Honor Society participating in Wreaths Across America

December

During this final time of the year, LHS had many events take place through clubs to give back and give our community a great holiday. National Art Honor Society helped out through raising funds for Wreaths Across America. On December 14, members were able to placed 200 wreaths along the graves of fallen soldiers.

Through each week of 2018, Lindy has taken part in so many events. LHS students and staff should be proud of how much our community truly has accomplished this year.