Activities To Do During Spring Break

Lindsey Patto, Staff Writer

Spring break is one of the most anticipated times of the year for students in the U.S.  It’s a great time to hang out with friends and family and enjoy the nice weather. Whether you’re traveling or staying home, there are plenty of ideas you can use to make your spring break worthwhile.

If you’re staying home…

Work.  Maybe working extra hours at your job during spring break is something that interests you.  Who wouldn’t wanna make more money?

Start reading a new book.  Are you a bookworm? If so, maybe you should spend some time starting that new book you’ve been dying to read.  Whether you read it in the comfort of your own home, at your local park or beach, use this free time to indulge in some peace and quiet.  

Start watching a new TV show/series.  If you’re not a fan of reading, then maybe starting a new TV show/series is more appealing to your interests.  With streaming services like Netflix, Hulu and even Youtube, there are plenty of different TV shows/series that you can binge watch.  

Exercise.  You can use this spring break to start a new workout routine.  Whether you enjoy yoga, cardio or strengthening your muscles, there are many different types of exercise that you can incorporate into your routine.  

If you’re going away…

Take a road trip.  A road trip is a great idea if you’re looking to catch up on bonding with your family and/or friends.  Even if you’re not driving far, you can still make a local area fun and it can be cheaper too!

A tropical vacation.  The most popular place to go during spring break is the beach.  Places like Cancun, Bahamas, Jamaica and Florida are hot spots for spring break because everyone wants to hit the beach once they’ve had a little taste of summery warm air.  Also, who doesn’t want to come back from spring break with a killer tan?

Visit friends/family out of state.  Maybe visit some friends or family members who don’t live in your state.  Now is the perfect time to reunite with them and enjoy some activities in their area.  

Hiking trip.  Instead of traveling out of state to go to the beach, you can travel to go on a hiking trip.  Use this calm, warm weather as an opportunity to finally go on that hiking trip you’ve been talking about.  You can even bring some friends and/or family.