Things to do in New York City

Things to do in New York City

Weronika Gobiecki, Staff Writer

New York City is known as the place that never sleeps, but it can also be called “The City With Too Many Places To See.” No matter where you go, you will always have fun in New York City. It can be overwhelming to decide which museum or galleries to visit, or which restaurant is the best, where to go shopping or even where to spend the evening. Here are the greatest places to hit when visiting the Big Apple. 

Museums

The Metropolitan Museum of Art

The Metropolitan Museum of Art is located in Central Park and opened in 1880. “The Met” is the largest museum in the United States.  This museum contains over 5,000 years of art, from the prehistoric art to the latest works. This experience is unlike any other, but it’s impossible to visit the whole museum in just one day, there’s just way too much to see!  The Met contains many different pieces of work that are definitely worth viewing.

Price

Suggested admission of $25 for adults; $12 for children

The Whitney Museum

The Whitney Museum, or also known as “Whitney” is  an art museum in Manhattan. This museum is dedicated to preserving and exhibiting the finest 20th century American Art, with the focus on works by living artists. To inspire the younger artists there are plenty of activities to spark their creativity. 

Price 

$25-Adults

$18-Seniors, Students, and Visitors with Disabilities

Free-18 and Under

Museum of Illusions 

Are you ready to enter the world of illusions? This museum offers activities for not just kids! Adults are always welcome and will have the same amount of fun! The MOI will intrigue you but at the same time confuse you with all these amazing tricks. New York is the place to experience illusions so enjoy!

Price

$20-Adults

$18-Students/Seniors/Military 

$16-Children( For Ages 4-13 years)

Landmarks

The Statue of Liberty

The Statue of Liberty is definitely a monument worth viewing! The statue was given to the United States from France as a symbol of friendship. In order to get to the Statue of Liberty you go on a little ferry ride to arrive, as you arrive all you see is the 111 feet and 6 inches of the monument! If being outside of the Statue isn’t enough, then you are allowed to enter and walk up 146 steps to the crown.The Statue of Liberty remains a symbol of freedom, as well as one of the world’s most recognizable landmarks.

Price

It is free to enter the Statue of Liberty but the Ellis island Ferry has a fee of $12 for ages 13 and up.

$10- For ages 62 and up

$5- Children 4 through 12

The Empire State Building

The Empire State Building is a 102-story skyscraper located in Midtown Manhattan. The Empire State Building is the world’s most famous building, with amazing views to see, and experience the beauty of New York City. The design of this building was changed 15 times just so it could be the tallest building. Despite the admission fees, the long lines and crowds, taking a trip to The Empire State Building is a perfect building to visit during your time in the city.

Price

$30+tax

New York City is a overwhelming place to visit! But these landmarks make the visit worth it! Enjoy your time in the city and try stopping by and visiting one of these places.