Tips for Applying to College

Streamlining the Process for Busy Seniors

Tips for Applying to College

Misean Fredericks, Free Lance Writer

Do you need help applying to college? Here are many tips that can help you apply to college and getting into college.

When you apply to college, it is great if you do it early and have early action. Typically in November of your senior year you should know what colleges to which you are applying. When you are applying to colleges, colleges consider your GPA of freshman through Junior year. Colleges look at your consistency, trends, and weighted vs. unweighted averages. Colleges also refer to your SAT and ACT scores, your college essay, letters of recommendation, class ranking, activities resume, and your portfolio and special talents. So, make sure you are studying and keeping up with your grades.

Need money for college, check out these sites to explore the scholarships: WWW.Fastweb.com, and WWW.collegeboard.com. Need financial aid, here are the sites,  WWW.fasfa.ed.gov, and WWW.hesc.com.

Looking for the best colleges, observe these sites:  WWW.collegeboard.com, and WWW.usnews.com.

Since you need the best grades on your SAT’s and ACT’s, here are your preparation sites: WWW.collegeboard.com, WWW.actstudents.org, and WWW.methodtestprep.com.  

If you want to do the best, you should choose the best college for you. Make sure you are looking at the curriculum you want to have for yourself, and the graduation requirements at your school. Don’t forgot to research the majors, minors, and degrees the college offers. Then, attend college fairs, college tours, look at virtual tours, and college open houses. Lastly, look to see if the college has things that you like, such as, extra curricular activities, sports, reputation, etc.