Polls

What is your favorite thing to do in the snow?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

How Can We Deal With Our Mental Health?

First off, what is mental health? Mental health is our social, emotional, and intellectual being. Mental health can affect how we feel, think, and act. It can control how we deal with stress, choices, and more. Mental health is so important, and if affected, it can bring down or raise our thinking, behavior, and mood.

Self care is a big thing to keep your mental health stable. Taking your time to do actions that can have a positive affect on your physical health and help you live nicely. To get started, here are some ideas.

Exercise! Exercise is a great example of self care. Just a walk, jog, or run can easily help boost your mood and health. Even just a small activity can help.

Socialize and connect with your family and friends. Talking to your trusted ones can help make a difference in your life, even hanging out with people can get you in a higher spirit.

Try getting into a sleeping schedule. Getting to sleep on time and having enough rest can help you be more energized. Try staying away from blue lights, as they can cause you to stay up longer. 

Create and set errands and priorities to do. Get important things done. Try your best to avoid new things you may not need.

Create a positive mindset. Find your negative thoughts and ideas and cancel them out with better things.

Of course, self care can be seen and done differently by everyone. Find what works best for you! If you believe you should find professional help, look for symptoms such as difficulty sleeping, interest loss, weight changes caused by appetite, and more. Do not wait until symptoms are severe.  Seek help even if your symptoms are slight. In a crisis, call or text the Suicide & Crisis Lifeline at 988.