Polls

What is your favorite thing to do in the snow?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

What Happened to Frank Ocean?

What Happened to Frank Ocean?

The last album published by Frank Ocean was “Blonde”, which was released on August 20, 2016. “Blonde” consists of 17 songs, “Nights”, “Pretty Sweet”, “White Ferrari”, “Be Yourself”, “Futura Free”, “Ivy”, “Nikes”, “Solo”, “Facebook Story”, “Pink + White”, “Good Guy”, “Solo”, “Seigfried”, “Skyline To”, “Close To You”, “Self Control”, and “Godspeed”. This genre filled album fits into categories like contemporary R&B, psychedelic pop, and progressive soul. 

Frank Ocean is an American, alternative R&B singer who grew up in Louisiana. Frank began his music career by being hired to write songs for the hip hop collective “Odd Future” in 2010. The collective included artists such as Tyler The Creator, Lucas Vercetti, Lionel Boyce, Earl Sweatshirt, Syd Tha Kyd, Na-Kel Smith, Hodgy, Jasper Dolphin, Left Brain, Domo Genesis, Mike G, Casey Veggies, Dark Shark, Sagan Lockhart, Matt Martians, and Frank Ocean himself. Pursuing his career in music, Frank produced his first mixtape titled, “Nostalgia, Ultra”. Rapidly growing his fan base, Frank continued to make music by creating 2 albums, 21 singles, and 8 music videos. 

Ryan Breaux, Frank Ocean’s number one supporter as well as brother, was Frank’s leading motivator. Ryan and Frank were inseparable. At the age of 18, back in 2020, Ryan lost his life in a fatal car accident. The passing of Ryan impacted Frank immensely. Frank Ocean has not released music since. 

After taking a 3 year break, Frank signed to headline Coachella 2023. Fans were thrilled. As the night approached and “daylight fell,” fans were eager to see Frank. After an hour and a half, Frank arrived just to play remixes of his most popular songs. The remixes were so different that fans had a difficult time trying to sing along. Fans were infuriated, and to add, many paid for Coachella tickets just to see Frank Ocean perform. Later on, after his performance, Frank shared how Coachella was a huge symbol for him and his brother, as they went to Coachella for many years prior. It is understandable how it could be difficult for Frank to perform. 

As rumored, Frank Ocean is said to possibly be working on a new album in London.