Polls

What is your favorite thing to do in the snow?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

The Controversy Between Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce

Rumors were spreading about the topic of Taylor Swift, world-known singer/songwriter, and her new boyfriend. Fans were speculating that the famous American football tight end for the Kansas City Chiefs and Swift were in a relationship. After weeks of just allegations and speculation, Taylor Swift was seen at Arrowhead Stadium on Sunday, September 24rd, 2023, to watch Kelce and the Chiefs win against the Chicago Bears, 41-10. Swift could be seen smiling and cheering her supposed-man on from the stands. She was sitting with Travis Kelce’s mother as well. This was the first public sighting of the two public icons together as they were seen after the game walking together and driving away into the sunset, quite literally sounding like something she would write in one of her songs. Prior to the couple making it public on Sunday, Travis Kelce went to the Eras tour to see Taylor Swift. Kelce told his brother at the Philadelphia Eagles center on their New Heights podcast on July 26, “I was disappointed that she doesn’t talk before or after her shows because she has to save her voice for the 44 songs she sings”.

Throughout the fan base for both Travis Kelce and Taylor Swift, there is much controversy about this relationship. There are fans who are obsessed with the two together, saying it is “perfect for Taylor,”and “almost like a fairy tale.” However, there are some football fans who feel that Kelce isn’t getting the proper recognition. Rather than being known as one of the greatest in football history, he is now getting around the news for being “Taylor Swift’s boyfriend.” They are angry and feel that he is just going to be known as this by many people because of how large Taylor Swift’s fan base is. Although this isn’t either Swift or Kelce’s fault, people are still hating this new relationship. Is Taylor Swift’s fan population that much larger than Travis Kelce’s to the point where he is going to become known as just one of her boyfriends?