Polls

What is your favorite thing to do in the snow?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

A Deep Dive Into Lana Del Rey

A Deep Dive Into Lana Del Rey

Lana Del Rey can possibly be considered to be one of the most influential singers of our generation. She is the eighth most streamed female artist on Spotify, with approximately 56.7 million monthly listeners. Lana’s real name is Elizabeth Grant. She was born in Manhattan on June 21, 1985. Before she became Lana Del Rey, she released music in 2008 under her real name, Lizzy Grant. Two years later, in 2010, she released music under the name Lana Del Rey. This album was self-titled and did not reach the charts. She has nine studio albums. In 2012, she released the album Born to Die. This album hit number two on the charts. Since then, she has had two albums hit number one on the charts. These albums are Lust for Life and Ultraviolence.

Lana Del Rey has won a number of awards for her work in the music industry. Her music includes themes like Hollywood glamour, relationships, and melancholy. Her fashion style is centered around that of old Hollywood. She takes inspiration from the 1950s and 1960s, so her style is seen as retro, including cat eyes and the classic dark lip.

Lana incorporates multiple different genres of music when she writes her songs. These genres include pop, indie, alternative, psychedelic rock, and many others. A crucial reason many particularly enjoy her music because they are able to relate to her lyrics.