Polls

What is your favorite thing to do in the snow?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Spirit Week

Spirit Week

Spirit week is a fun-filled week-long event that is usually held in schools and universities. It is a time when students can show their school spirit by participating in many activities, such as dress up days and sports events. The purpose of spirit week is to encourage school pride and unity among students and staff. 

In Lindenhurst High school on October 10th was the start of 2023 spirit week. On Tuesday the dress up category was Mathletes vs Athletes. This was when you could dress very studiously representing a mathlete, or you could dress in a jersey to represent as an athlete. On Wednesday it was Barbie vs Oppenheimer where you dress up in pink and get all dolled up to represent the new barbie movie that came out this year, or you can dress in a formal manner. On Thursday it was Bbq dads vs Chads and brads. This was the most popular topic for the freshman because most of them were dressing up on this day, particularly because it was fun to do. This is where you could dress up as a typical dad getup. With the brads and chads people dressed up in a charming high school boy way. And on friday it was Lindy pride. This was where you wear white and green to show off your lindy pride. On the same day at 7 was the prep rally. Many students participated by showing off their pride for the school, and many enjoyed the prep rally and homecoming. Many students got close together at those two events, many people posted about it and showed in their stories how thrilling it was to be there in their perspective. 

So in conclusion spirit week is not just a week filled with fun and enthusiasm, it is a time for students to come together, showcasing their unique creativity and building a stronger sense of community. Through the various activities and events we have learned the importance of unity, school spirit, and embracing our individuality. Let the spirit continue in Lindenhurst high school long after spirit week ends.