Polls

What is your favorite thing to do in the snow?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Freshwater Vs. Saltwater Fishing

Freshwater Vs. Saltwater Fishing

A highly debated topic amongst anglers all over the world is what type of fishing is better, Freshwater or Saltwater? There are many different factors to which type people consider better. First thing to take into consideration is the species. The amount of species in Saltwater is immeasurable, and tons of new species are getting discovered and caught. While in Freshwater, you have your basic groups like Baitfish, Panfish, Bass, Trout, Carp, Catfish, and a few more but there isn’t nearly as many.

Another point on the side of saltwater is the difficulty in catching the fish. It is much more difficult to catch a trophy fish in Saltwater than it is in Freshwater. People like to have a challenge when fishing and catching a harder fish can feel more rewarding. Saltwater fish is known for its edibility. You can eat most of the fish you catch in saltwater, and there are a lot more fish to eat than there are Freshwater. You can eat Freshwater species, but not all of them are appetizing. 

A point to be made about Freshwater is its lure selection. There are thousands of different types of lures on the market for many different fish. The popularity of freshwater fishing is another point that people often make as bass fishing is the most popular type of game fishing in the United States. Due to its popularity, there is much more information out there about Freshwater fishing than Saltwater fishing, which is another reason many people prefer it. 

But which type of fishing is better? Well, it is all down to personal preference. There are many positives to both types of fishing. If you want to take it easy and fish, you may pick Freshwater. If you like a challenge, you may pick Saltwater. Everybody is different, and so is every fish, so maybe cast your lines out there and catch a fish that YOU want to catch!