Polls

What is your favorite thing to do in the snow?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Ohtani to the Dodgers and Soto to the Yankees

The two biggest moves of the offseason have just happened: a trade between the Yankees and the Dodgers where the Yankees required Juan Soto, and the long awaited signing of Shohei Ohtani.

The Soto trade has been rumored for a while now, his top landing spot was always the Yankees. This trade could be very lopsided in the future. The Yankees acquire outfielder Juan Soto and outfielder Trent Grisham and gave up RHP Micheal King, top pitching prospect Drew Thorpe, RHP Jhony Brito, RHP Randy Vasquez, and veteran catcher Kyle Higashioka.

Since Juan Soto only has 1 year left until free agency, giving up this much talent could come back to bite the Yankees if Soto decides not to resign.  However, if he does resign, this trade could become very even in the near future. It also comes down to how good Michael King can do in the starting pitcher role rather than coming out of the bullpen, and also if Drew Thorpe lives up to the hype when he comes up.

No matter what happens, this will be known as the biggest trade of the 2023 offseason and possibly one of the greatest trades in history depending on how good the players do and if the Yankees or Padres win a World Series.

The signing of Shohei Ohtani is the biggest contract in MLB history, 10 years and 700 million dollars. Now Shohei is worth every penny, but only if he is able to pitch and hit consistently for the next 10 years, which remains to be seen. Ohtani is on his way to being only a hitter after having his second arm surgery since coming to the United States, so it’s hard to say if Ohtani will be worth every penny down the road, but for now it is an amazing signing,

Shohei Ohtani is a generational talent and will be the best player in baseball for years to come. Hopefully the Dodgers can help him win a ring.

These two trades/signings are the biggest moves this offseason so far, and I hope that Soto and Ohtani will be able to get the Yankees and the Dodgers a ring.