Polls

What is your favorite thing to do in the snow?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Anyone But You

Anyone But You

Romantic Comedies, also known as rom-coms are comic, fun movies in which the plot is focused on the development of a romantic relationship. They give the audience a slice of fiction and promote the idea of how true love can conquer life’s obstacles. Although not many Rom Coms are produced anymore, there is still a large population of people that still enjoy them. Some well-known Romantic Comedies featured are, How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days, When Harry Met Sally, The Proposal, 10 Things I Hate About You, and many more.

Just as we thought, the excitement over Romantic Comedies was slowly fading away, on December 22, 2023, the Romantic comedy, described as comical and lighthearted, Anyone but You was released in theaters. Anyone But You is a loose adaptation of Shakespeare’s “Much Ado About Nothing”. The movie stars American Actress, Sydney Sweeney and Rom-Com star Glen Powell. Other Actresses and Actors such as Alexandra Shipp, Michelle Hurd, and Darren Barnet are also seen in the film.

Anyone but You pictures Bea (Sydney Sweeney) and Ben’s (Glen Powell) instant connection to each other turns into hatred when they are reunited at a destination wedding in Australia. For the sake of the wedding, Bea and Ben do what mature adults would, pretend to be head over heels in love. The film is filled with exciting, fun-filled, adventurous events that lead to the final wedding ceremony. The movie includes the song, “Unwritten” by Natasha Bedingfield which is Ben’s (Glen Powell) serenity song. The song is played throughout the stressful events in the film such as flying on a plane and being air-lifted from Sydney Harbor. Ever since the movie was released, fans have resurfaced the popularity of “Unwritten” as it adds an upbeat and assuming touch to the storyline.

As of now, the movie has 3.6 stars, 51% rotten tomatoes, and a rating of 6.6/10. Some say that the storyline was “far-fetched” and “overcomplicated”. Others even say they felt “lied” to after seeing the trailer. However, many say that Anyone But You is “the best rom-com in years”, which many do argue. The movie is reviewed as refreshing and delightful. Credit goes to Will Gluck the director for featuring the beautiful landmarks and landscapes of Australia throughout the film. The chemistry between Sydney Sweeney and Glen Powell is captivating from start to finish as they experience their journey of love. It’s definitely a must-watch according to a large crowd!