Polls

What is your favorite thing to do in the snow?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Spring Sports are Here: What will you Choose?

Lindenhurst High School offers a variety of sports throughout the year. Winter sports just ended and spring sports start March 11th. Tryouts for most sports are held the first week of the sport. Now that spring is on its way most of these sports will take place outdoors as well as all of the games, meets, or matches. Many winter sports are inside with a few exceptions, and in the spring, many of the sports offered are outside, except for a few. After learning about the sports our school has to offer, you can pick the one just right for you!

The spring sports that our high school offers to athletes are badminton, baseball, softball, lacrosse, tennis, and track and field. Baseball and tennis is for boys only, and softball is for girls only. Girls tennis is offered in the fall, and boys tennis is offered in the spring. All of these sports have a junior varsity team and a varsity team except for track and field and badminton. These two teams have only a varsity team. The only sport that is indoors in the spring is badminton. The varsity badminton team practices in the high school gym. Some of these teams don’t do cuts during tryout week because there are either not enough athletes to do cuts, or the team just doesn’t do cuts. If none of these sports are appealing to you, track and field might still be fun to try. This team does not cut athletes and there are many different events that you may not even know about. There are running events that include either sprinting or long distance running, but there are also field events. Field events include hurdles, high jump, long jump, triple jump, and you can even do a relay with other people on your team. 

If none of the spring sports seem interesting, other seasons might offer sports that are more interesting. Our school also offers a large number of clubs that you can join if none of the spring sports are appealing. If you just want to try something new for fun even though you don’t know much about the sport that is always an option too!