Polls

What is your favorite thing to do in the snow?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Mama Mia Movie Review

As of recently, I have watched the celebrated Mama Mia (2008). In my opinion, this timeless movie deserves all the attention and praise it has received. Mama Mia includes an engaging storyline in an extremely aesthetically pleasing setting. The movie takes place on a Greek Island, the island’s beauty is captivating and for me, influences my desire to travel to Greece. In addition to the physical location of the movie, the vibrant colors and patterns are simply enchanting. Other than the movie’s visuals, the musical aspect and song choices are perfect fits for the storyline. The songs are sung beautifully and perfectly convey a summer feeling. The plot revolves around Sophie, a young woman who is soon to be married. Sophie had never met her father and in an attempt to have her father walk her down the aisle, she invites her mother’s old boyfriends. Musical features are sprinkled throughout the plot and help to keep the story engaging. Sophie goes through various trials to find her father and ultimately learns more about her past. Overall, I strongly recommend watching this movie, not only because of its storyline but because of the amazing music and summer aesthetic.