Polls

What is your favorite thing to do in the snow?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Richest Man in Asia’s Wedding Festivities

Celebrities have always been known for doing very eccentric things due to their wealth and ability to do so. Asia’s richest man, Mukesh Ambani, is planning a several billion dollar wedding for his youngest son, 28 year old Anant who is getting married to his 29 year old childhood sweetheart, Radhika Merchant. The Ambani family is known for their immaculate wealth as they are the richest family in India and one of the most wealthy in the world. Mr. Ambani has made sure to spoil his son and throw an extremely grand wedding. 

The billionaires are spending millions of dollars on this lavish wedding. Several bollywood actors and celebrities have received invitations and even provided transportation to arrive. Big figures and other billionaires from all over the world were also invited such as Mark Zuckerberg and Bill Gates. Rhianna had recently performed at this event after being paid close to 9 million dollars for her appearance. She had been on a hiatus prior to this.

However, this is only the pre-wedding while the wedding itself isn’t taking place until July. The pre-wedding events are occurring in the family’s refinery township of Jamnagar in the Indian state of Gujarat. 

There has been a team of 65 chefs to help prepare 2,500 dishes for the pre-wedding bash. Anat Ambani is a director at Reliance’s new energy business and the Reliance Foundation as of late. In January of last year, he was engaged to Merchant, who also serves on the board of her father’s pharmaceutical firm Encore, in a traditional ceremony at the grand Ambani residence of Antilia in Mumbai. The 27-story home of the Ambani’s was once the most expensive building in the world. The riches of this family are enormous so it’s unknown to what extent they will go for the wedding if this is only the pre-wedding.