Polls

What is your favorite thing to do in the snow?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Ryan Garcia vs. Devin Haney

Boxing is starting to have a strong rise in popularity in 2024. So many exciting fights are happening in all different divisions. One fight that occurred not too long ago was Ryan Garcia vs. Devin Haney. This exciting and heavily anticipated fight has a bit of a history behind it. It all started back on April 22, 2023, when Ryan Garcia lost to Gervonta Davis. This marked the first loss in Garcia’s career. After the fight, Garcia acted pretty strange. He started to have a twitch during interviews, was talking about outlandish things on live streams and in interviews, and was just acting like a nuisance. When his fight with Devin Haney was confirmed, it was very apparent that the two’s behavior’s were very different. Haney seemed very dedicated to his craft, while Garcia kept his crazy antics going. As the fight came closer and closer, Garcia became more and more strange. At the press conferences. Garcia’s speech was different compared to how he usually talked. It was much slower and was very raspy. Haney was also pointing it out throughout the press conferences.

Now to the actual fight. This fight was a WBC super-lightweight fight. Haney was the champion, and Garcia was the challenger. The fight took place at the Barclays Center, Brooklyn New York on April 20, 2024. The fight was very eventful to say the least. Garcia scored three knockdowns on Haney, and in the end won by majority decision! After the fight, Garcia said that his actions leading up to the fight was simply an act to frighten Haney! Haney seemed a little less confident in the fight than Garcia was, so Garcia’s plan worked against Haney! Overall, the fight was very interesting, and has an even more interesting history. I am a pretty big boxing fan, and I am very happy to see this sport get another wave of popularity. Let’s hope that this popularity stays for a long time.