Polls

What is your favorite thing to do in the snow?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Tanning 101

Tanning 101

As summer approaches so does the tanning season, many people are on the search for the perfect tanning routine. Here will compile all the best tanning tips and tricks.

You can receive a tan from UV 4 and up, however it is important to consider skin health. Firstly, it is important to never skip sunscreen. Sunscreen has many different levels of spf, the higher the level of spf the more protection you will receive. Experts recommend 30+, however you may require more depending on your tolerance to the sun.

Additionally, It is important to stay hydrated, when exposed to extreme heat in order to prevent heat related diseases such as heat stroke. In addition to sunscreen, you can use a tanning oil to accelerate your tan. Some popular brands are the Hawaiian tropic tanning oil which is marked at $15 and the Maui Babe Browning Lotion which retails for $17. It is important to remember that tanning oil does not replace sun protection.

Another tip is that laying in water can potentially accelerate the tanning process due to its reflective properties. Finally, it is important to remember that everyone reacts to UV differently, some people burn faster than others, and some tan faster than others so it is essential to stay protected.