New Face In The Building

New Face In The Building

Being in Lindenhurst High School, it is expected to see unfamiliar faces in the building every year and meet new teachers and staff members. Of course, that’s the case this school year with a new member in the building, Mrs. Napoli.

Mrs. Napoli is a new P.E. teacher in the field of yoga. Since she’s a new face around the high school, we decided to interview her about some of her favorite things. This way, people can get to know her a little better and hear her thoughts about the new building she is in.

The first question we asked Mrs. Napoli was what her favorite subject was. Her response was, “Health and Yoga of course!”.

The second question I asked was what made her transfer from Lindenhurst Middle School to Lindenhurst High School. Her response was, “The opportunity to teach Yoga to high school students is something I have wanted to do since becoming a certified yoga instructor in 2012. Yoga can help students manage stress, improve physical health, and develop mindfulness, empowering them with valuable life skills that extend beyond the classroom makes me happy everyday”.

The third I asked was if shes enjoying teaching at high school. Her response was, “Yes! I absolutely love teaching yoga at the high school level. It has been truly rewarding to see how yoga can positively impact high school students on and off the mat”.

The fourth question I asked her was what were some of the big differences she realized  now being in the high school. Her response was, “High school students are willing to go deeper into their yoga practice. Making connections between the body and mind. We have been doing more guided meditations lately and it’s been fantastic”.

The fifth question I asked was what her favorite food was. Her response was, “Hmmm this is a tough question for someone who loves food as much as I do. But lately, I’ve been making delicious soups to keep warm as the colder days approach. My favorite type of soup usually has lots of vegetables, beans and of course being the Italian I am MACARONI!”.

The sixth question I asked was what made her love teaching. Her response was, “I love learning about my students and watching them grow! It is always fun to run into a student from the past and catch up. For those of you who know me know that it takes me time to remember all of my students’ names but I never forget a face!”.

The seventh question I asked was what in her life was most important. Her response was, “Since becoming a mother that answer has changed quite a bit as my daughters Amelia and Jade are my whole heart. In addition, I would say that feeling a sense of happiness and also feeling connected to those around me is the most important thing to me. People are irreplaceable and I try to remember that as I go through life”.

The eighth question I asked was what made her want to be a teacher. Her response was, “I always felt like becoming a teacher would be a wonderful way to make an impact on the world around me. Kids are the future and the idea that I get to play a role in so many different lives is a gift”.

The ninth question I asked was what her favorite movie was. Her response was, “Hmm… this is tough, but I love the Wizard of Oz and if I’m being honest I can quote the entire Willy Wonka movie so that is a favorite as well”.

The final question I asked was if teaching didn’t work out, what she would have wanted to do. Her response was, “Yoga teacher, so I guess now I get to do both!”.

These are some fun facts about our new teacher in the building. Let’s all give her a warm welcome to Lindenhurst High School!