Polls

What is your favorite thing to do in the snow?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Spirit Week

Spirit Week

Spirit week is a fun-filled week-long event that is held in schools and universities, whether it be the week leading up to holiday or the homecoming game. It is a time when students can show their school spirit by participating in many activities, such as dress up days and sporting events. The purpose of spirit week is to encourage school pride and unity among the students and staff. 

At Lindenhurst High School, October 10th was the start of the 2023 spirit week. On Tuesday, the dress up category was “Mathletes vs Athletes.” This was when you could dress very studiously as a mathlete, or you could dress in a jersey to represent an athlete.

On Wednesday, it was “Barbie vs Oppenheimer” day. You could dress up in pink and get all dolled up as Barbie, or you could dress in a formal manner to act as a character from Oppenheimer.

On Thursday, it was “Barbecue dads vs Chads and Brads.” This was the most popular day among freshmen because a majority of them participated compared to the other grades and days. This was where students had the chance to dress up in the typical dad getup, or as a charming, high school party boy. 

Friday was “Lindy Pride Day.” This was where students wore school colors to show off their Lindy pride! That night, at 7 PM, was Pep Rally. Many students participated by showing off their pride for the school and cheering on the sports teams. Students had a great time at Pep Rally and Homecoming. Social media was a popular outlet for students to express their enthusiasm for the events. 

In conclusion, spirit week is not just a week filled with fun and enthusiasm, but it is a time for students to come together, showcasing their creativity and building a stronger sense of community. Through the various activities and events, Lindy has placed emphasis on the importance of unity, school spirit, and embracing our individuality. Let the spirit continue at Lindenhurst High School throughout the whole year!