Everyday is Death Day in Happy Death Day

Nancy Rodriguez, Free-Lance Writer

Its October! The month of candy, pumpkins, the supernatural, thriller, and of course horror movies! To make this October even more creepier, the 13th fell on a Friday this month. It was a perfect chance to occupy your Friday with visiting haunted houses, popcorn, partying and a scary movie. What better day to make your way to the cinema to watch the new release of the horror film, Happy Death Day

The protagonist is a girl who is in a repeat of the same day. She would sleep then wake up and go through the same day including the end of her day where she gets murdered every night and wakes up into the same day again. The producers, Blumhouse Productions, are the same ones who produced Get Out, The Purge and The Visit. All of these movies were amazing horror films that generated a lot of buzz. Releasing this movie on Friday the 13th just makes it even more thrilling and enticing.

The movie claims to be a mystery/thriller. Although it is,  there is quite a bit of humor. There were so many funny moments that it could fall under comedy too. This reminds me of the other very popular horror film that recently came out called It. This was another horror film that contained hilarious moments where you felt like you would leave the theaters with abs at the end of the movie from laughing so hard. A  junior here at Lindenhurst High School, Nallely Cruz, also saw Happy Death Day and gave her input on the movie. She said, “It was funny, I like it. It wasn’t a real horror movie though, it was like not scary. I rate it a 7/10.”  I agree  except that I rate it an 8/10 because the ending was very enjoyable. It was a good ending.  To sum up, Happy Death Day is a pretty good film to check out with all your friends to celebrate the spooks of Halloween. Happy Halloween!