Polls

What is your favorite thing to do in the snow?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Rangers Win World Series

The Texas Rangers have defeated the Arizona Diamondbacks and now have the title of the 2023 World Series Champions. Now that the postseason is over, let’s recap some big moments.

The 2023 MLB Playoffs was way more hype to a lot of people because of the amount of new teams that we saw this postseason. The Baltimore Orioles finally made the playoffs after a horrid 6 year stretch. The two teams that made it to the World Series, the Arizona Diamondbacks and the Texas Rangers also made the playoffs after many years of missing out. 

At the beginning of the postseason, very few people thought that the Texas Rangers would make the World Series, and the same goes for Arizona. 

After winning 101 games in the regular season, most fans thought that the Orioles were legitimate World Series candidates, but that wasn’t the case since they got swept in the first round of the playoffs by the Rangers. I didn’t expect Baltimore to make it far into the playoffs anyway, considering that they have such a young teams and zero playoff experience.

The Atlanta Braves were a team that many thought would win the World Series after winning 104 games in the regular season and having the National League MVP Ronald Acuna Jr on your team, but they ended up losing in the first round against the Philadelphia Phillies for the second year in a row. Absolutely tragic for Braves fans, the expectations were so high for this team.

The Houston Astros were eliminated by the Rangers in ALCS. Long story short, everyone hates the Astros besides Astros fans. Americas happy.

Now the Minnesota Twins are a very interesting team to talk about. Even though they got eliminated in the second round of the playoffs by the Astros, they won their first playoff series in 21 years. So even though they got eliminated, Minnesota fans have something to be happy about.

After winning the National League last year, the Philadelphia Phillies were back in that same spot in the playoffs as last year, but they lost to the Arizona Diamondbacks. Phillies fans have every right to be mad, the Phillies are spending too much money to be losing to a team with 84 regular season wins. 

The Texas Rangers have won their first World Series in franchise history, a huge milestone for a team that was in a win-now mode.