Polls

What is your favorite thing to do in the snow?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Inside Look Into Homeschooling

It seems to be a common misconception that home-schooled students perform worse academically, socially, and mentally. This is simply untrue. Homeschooling is an alternative form of education, rather than public or private schooling. Significantly, homeschooling has increasingly become more common throughout the past decades.

Homeschooling is being more widely provoked because of features that are not only limited to religion. Parents who decide to have their children take part in homeschooling have come to this consensus for a number of reasons. When a family definitively decides for their child to be home-schooled, they are given the opportunity and ability to personalize the learning environment and curriculum to the individual student. Another aspect that is frequently considered to be a reason to home-school a child is the secure environment that homeschooling provides. Homeschooling is also commonly seen in minority groups. Families with children of different ethnic groups, disabilities, or special needs may consider the positive effects of homeschooling. Public and private schools do not always promise these facets in an educational setting.

Home-schooled students have been reported to be positively impacted by the aforementioned factors in contrast to those attending a traditional school. The need for a personalized education and the potential for better social, emotional, and psychological development are reasons for the switch from public/private schools to homeschooling. Homeschooling can be tailored to a family’s needs and provides a more attentive environment, reducing negative behavior in public schools. Additionally, home schooled students tend to perform better academically, be more likely to attend college, and engage in more communal activities.

Overall, homeschooling is not as it seems. People have the common misconception that it causes kids to be socially isolated and deprived of friends, causing them to lose their social abilities and gain issues like anxiety. However, people are mistaken in that those who are home-schooled are seen to do great in their studies and have been immensely successful.